Monday, November 11, 2013

Half Marathon Training Run and the Weekend

Happy Monday you guys……rolls eyes
I, for the life of me, did not want to get out of bed this morning because my husband is out of school today. It is so hard to leave that warm snuggly place to get up and come sit at my desk! Y'all know what I'm talking about I'm sure. 

At least I don't hate my job anymore, so it wasn't really that bad coming in today. 

First things first, trying a new hot drink this year! 


So I have been a starby's groupie all week because I have discovered soy chai lattes. They're ridiculously good. Maybe gross in the summer but right now with this cooler weather I can't get enough of them. And that's a lot of cash dropping. So.  I bought some chai tea bags and used my almond milk from home to try and copy it. It wasn't exactly the same…….but it was still yummy.  The second time I made it 2x as strong as the directions and I liked that better. This lipton kind I got has black pepper listed in the ingredients. It's tasty! And has less caffeine than espresso/coffee. If you care about that sort of thing. 

Saturday was crazy busy. We went and picked up our tshirts for a 5k we didn't run, because I was still feeling too snotty. Ha. Then we went and had lunch with my sister-in-law for her birthday. And then that night we went to Cantina Laredo to have dinner with some people from BJ's class. I got a coffee on the way home at like 10 pm…smart move. Subsequently, I then stayed up until like 2 am watching the Vampire Diaries. 



I just started the series….I hope it gets better!! It has started out basically using the beginning of Twilight. But hey, I love me some vampire fiction, so I'm going to keep watching. I'm still on season one. 

On Sunday I had a 4 mile run I needed to do for my half training schedule. I found a neighborhood behind my gym that is new, with sidewalks, and hardly any traffic. Oh and there's a pond. It's basically perfect minus the maniac labrador that couldn't shut its trap. 


Yes that is my husband I'm chasing. 


Y'all.
I have never ran more than 3.1 miles. Ever! It felt good when it was done. I think I could've kept going awhile!!  And I didn't want to die at any point during it, so I call that a win!! Of course took walk breaks, but that's a given :) 



I was really good with food yesterday and got all my water in. After we had lunch, we went and got some froyo and some red box movies. Here's my froyo: 

Low fat white chocolate mousse kind with a little pumpkin kind on the side to try. (it ended up being amazing and I wish I had just gotten pumpkin. next time I guess!) I got pecans, 2 mini reeses cups, granola and sprinkles. It wasn't pretty, but it was healthier than any other froyo I have put together. Normally there's chocolate syrup and reeses and any other type of candy I might be interested in that day. 

My husband put cookie crisp cereal and butterfingers on his. Nice. 

That's the weekend for ya! I feel really good that I was able to do 4 miles. Makes me want to try harder at this running/eating better thing. I plan on lifting weights tonight and following my training schedule this week. It's supposed to get down into the 40's (as the high temp) so I'll probably be on the treadmill during the week. Next Sunday's run is 5 miles. Holla! Kind of pumped about it….. as of this moment. 

My BFF finds out the gender of her baby this week, I'm betting on a girl I think…which probably means its a boy. Also my birthday is next Friday…aka Catching Fire's release day. This time of year is my FAVORITE!!! 

Also there's a 10k looming in my future right now (November 30). Not sure whether I'm going to do it or not. Depends on how this five mile thing goes next week I guess. Hope y'all are doing okay :) Thanks for reading. 



3 comments:

Jess @ Operation Skinny Jeans said...

Good Job on your 4 mile run!! That's awesome! I am training for a half too, very very slowly lol. So for a while my weekend runs will be 3.1 miles, and I am kinda terrified to go further than that lol.

Christy said...

Congrats on a PR!!!

Lauryn Roth said...

November is like my FAVE month!!!! YOU totally rock my socks off with this running MAAM!!!! You are doing great, keep it up!!!! So proud of you!!! And I am going to have to try that tea....lol