Friday, August 2, 2013

Food. Ina. Plans. News.

I get to have Saturday and Sunday with my husband!! Holla for sleeping in! I’ve got some crazy plans for the weekend, y’all know me. You can never tell what I'll be up to....ha! Right. 

After sleeping in until maybe 9 (because when you’re old, that’s what sleeping in means…maybe 10 if we stay up too late tonight watching Netflix….which, most likely will happen)  I’ll get up and go get some groceries—including groceries for my cleanse (more on that below).  Then we’ll have lunch, maybe. And then that evening we’re going to a family birthday party for my cousin who is 15 I think. Sunday, I start the cleanse and will probably stay home and clean/food prep/watch Netflix. I know, y’all almost can’t keep up with my crazy life :| 

My hand looks like a nub in that photo huh. Never noticed. 

I wouldn't have it any other way though. Being at home just hanging out with BJ makes me happier than anything else! 

This past week I have eaten fairly well. I start the Advocare 10-day cleanse on Sunday and so I’ve sort been on the line between clean eating and not caring…. knowing I can’t drink or have any junk for the next ten days.  Not a valid reason, but whatever. Breakfast and lunch have been fine, most dinners have been too--but we ate fast food Sunday and Thursday. (pizza/burgers). That’s still way better than we used to eat though. frozen pizzas used to be a staple in my freezer!!

 Today I’m reviewing my meal plan and shopping list for the cleanse next week. While drinking a Starbucks canned drink.

 

I’m going to miss coffee while on the cleanse. Sigh.


Current shopping list: 

I can email this to you or the meal plan I have planned out (with what to eat and what time to eat it and how much of it to eat! Whew)--just email me or leave a comment. Y'all seem to like to email me instead of comment though. Whatever works! 

Anyway. I think my weight is up to around 160-161. So it’s a good time to start this cleanse! Before that gets out of hand.

 

Every meal this week has been meatless, accidentally. B has just laughed about it.  

Like this meal (you might’ve seen on instagram):

The  kebobs made from cherry tomatoes and eggplant marinated in lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper. Then grilled.

The side salad has cucumber, yellow bell pepper, and whole pitted black olives...marinated in the same stuff as the kebobs. I served it on top of some spinach.

We had that with pita chips (Athenos brand, 120 cals a serving) and a yogurt sauce that I had to use sour cream for. Ha. It has ½ c sour cream, a couple tablespoons of lemon juice and a couple tablespoons of chopped mint. It needs to be pourable, so add some water to get the right consistency. Greek night at the Griffin household!! 

Last weekend I posted this picture on instagram and shared my slaw recipe earlier this week. 

Well I had someone email me about my asparagus recipe—It’s a top secret recipe given to me by the Barefoot Contessa herself…Ina Garten.

JK I just got it off her show. I don’t think I’m classy enough to be bff’s with that lady.


But a girl can dream. 

Anyway.


-1-2 bunches asparagus, trimmed (I just do one bunch, since I’m feeding 2 people)
-olive oil 
-sea salt/pepper

That's all you need.  

Coat the asparagus in the oil and spread out in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Season well with the salt and pepper and bake at 400* for 25 minutes.

They come out yummy every time. B says they’re better than grilled. I agreed! It’s been my favorite side dish lately. I can bake it while I’m handling everything else in the kitchen!

 

Finally, some big news.

 

I SIGNED UP FOR MY FIRST HALF MARATHON.

 

It’s on March 2, 2014.  So I have plenty of time. I am so excited about it. Hopefully I don’t end up hating myself for putting myself through the training, but as of right now I am so excited. SO EXCITED.


So I keep thinking about ordering this shirt. Is it too early!?! I just think it's way cute. 

I plan on continuing with the 10k app, and when I’m through with it I will start Hal Higdon’s novice plan—probably at the end of November/early December.


Just on week 2 of the 10k app. But it's been going good! 


I've been bringing my gym stuff to work and going with BJ when I get back to town.  

[cleanse starts Sunday, I’ll post my starting weight and take photos of all my food—check back next week! Probably daily posts will be popping up.]

Lastly. Here's a picture of my dog Jeffery sleeping with his tongue sticking out. 


Happy Friday guys!! 

 

1 comment:

Lauryn Roth said...

Awesome! I am so excited about you doing the cleanse, yes I would love for you to email me that eating plan lroth1986@live.com, please thanks! YOu should TOTES get that shirt asap!!! So excited for you running a half!!!