Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 2 Advocare Recap

I keep waiting for some emergency to happen. A run to the bathroom, feel bad, need carbs or coffee kind of emergency. So far, nada! BJ is telling me to wait for it, and laughed last night when we read the ingredients on the fiber drink...we'll see. 

I'm on day 3 this morning, and that means I wrapped up day 2 on the cleanse last night! Other than missing coffee in the a.m. it hasn't really been restricting. The food is fine, I've been attempting a clean diet for a couple months so there's really no change, just more serious planning involved...and having to stick to that plan. 

I get up and have my Pre-breakfast routine. First a grape spark, then the fiber drink (below) followed by a glass of water. 


I pour the fiber drink into a solo cup with a straw and drink it that way. So I don't really taste it or sense the texture. It's kind of thick, so that's the best way for me to not gag. I do 4 oz h2o and 4 oz simply orange juice (great value brand). I haven't tried it with just water yet and I don't plan to. 

I waited 30-40 minutes and had Breakfast. Ate while I worked :) 

Overnight oats with cinnamon, walnuts and blueberries. My plan was to have eggs AND oatmeal, but I literally cannot eat that much food. So I just decided to have the oatmeal. 

Later For Snack one I had a green apple and 2 tbs (probably less) of natural pb. 


You seriously eat every 2-3 hours so I haven't been hungry at all. I'm actually eating less than I think I'm supposed to, but I'm stuffed. So I don't see that being a problem. 

Lunch was one of the meals I packed Sunday night. Some grilled chicken, brown rice, roasted sweet potatoes, zucchini and green beans. 

I couldn't finish all of it. But it was yummy! 

Later for Snack two I had a small banana and some cashews. 

I stopped counting my water at 80 ounces. I would estimate I had around 100 ounces yesterday. 

I ran the dishwasher, did a load of laundry and took a nap when I got home from work. When BJ finally got home at 7:00 last night we went to the gym. 

I Worked out! 
W2D2 of 10k training. 

And it sucked. It was hard for me. I was so confused because the same run last week was easy, but B pointed out I hadn't had any carbs like I normally do. He's a smart one, I'm sure that's it. 

Dinner. It looks deceiving. 
The portion size I mean. Not the taste--it was as good as it looks! And I made it basically with all leftovers. It's like a clean Mexican stir fry. Ha. I'm so creative. 

I used leftover brown rice/sweet potatoes/zucchini from making my bulk lunches on sunday and put it all in a skillet with some lime juice, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, a can of reduced sodium black beans (drained and rinsed), and some diced chicken Bj grilled for my lunches on Sunday. I used some cumin/chili powder/onion powder. I basically threw in anything I had that was real food/mexican related. That's all it is! I had 1/2 an avocado and a little salsa on the side. 


Dinner --why its deceiving--my "stir fry" is on top of a huge pile of lettuce and red cabbage. Making it look like a huge portion. 

I put chia seeds in bj's serving but figured I shouldn't on mine, with all the extra fiber I'm already having. I used a little flax seed though. 

It's hard to believe something that easy and delicious is "clean." But I'll take it!! 

Last step of the day-- before bed you take the Herbal Cleanse Pills. They're 3 horse size pills to take that have a janky flavor. If I don't think about how big they are or stop to taste them they go down fine. 

In case you're still curious, nothing out of the ordinary has happened. There have been no emergencies, no extra trips to the bathroom, and no gas/bloating/or uncomfortable-ness. No gagging from the fiber. No secret cheese sticks with ranch consumed. 

So far so good! Today is Day 3. I have my gym stuff at work with me and my food for today packed in my new thirty one bag I got from my sister in law's online party. 


I like the pockets for my fruit so it doesn't get beat to hell like it usually does in my purse. 

Look for today's food and recap tomorrow!! 

(P.S. I'm down a pound ish so far. Holla!)

 



2 comments:

Lauryn Roth said...

girl im soooo proud of you!!! I love the pics and i got a kick out of the mexican mix u threw together, it did look so good!!! LOVE the bag by the way I neeeeeed one. So exciting hearing your day by day take on the cleanse! yay for working out too!!

Christy said...

Great job! Thanks for sharing what you're eating because that will help me when I start my cleanse.