Monday, July 15, 2013

Soy iced coffee recipe.

Today was supposed to be food prep day for my cleanse. Sad day. I'm still on antibiotics, and while I'm getting better I'm hesitant to blend antibiotics with the herbal supplements and fiber drink in the cleanse. 

Looks like I'll be doing that next month after my 30 days on this medicine is complete. 

In other news, I'm off work today so I'm going to hit the grocery store and get a spray tan. 

Breakfast today: 
Iced coffee with Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread. 



I love iced coffee. I keep leftover coffee from the mornings in a jug in the fridge. 



Here's what I do at home to make it: 

Get a glass, and pour it 1/3 ish full with milk. Top it off with room temp/cold coffee. Then, I stir in a little (1-2 teaspoons) instant espresso powder. I use more/less depending on how much I'm making. Add ice if its not cold enough for you. Then drink it. 

That's all!! How simple is that! 

The espresso powder --I got at an Italian market in Memphis (Lucheesi's for around $7) but I think I have seen it at Kroger. I treat it like gold.  It makes my iced coffee taste more like a Starbucks/coffee shop kind of coffee. 

So here's a shot of some of my groceries!! Crazy how a couple years ago I was not raiding the produce section like I do now. I made a huge grocery trip today, we really needed to stock up!! 


And I tried 3 new recipes. More on that later. 








1 comment:

Lauryn Roth said...

that looks so good! I need to look for espresso. What kind of coffee have you been buying latley? Im in a rut and need a good suggestion. Love all the colorful produce too. Cant wait to hear about the recipes.