Tuesday, April 30, 2013

blood pressure and stuff

I went to my parents house on Monday and used my dad's blood pressure checker (he got one after he had a quadruple bypass surgery in 2008) and I'm happy to report my blood pressure is basically perfect. Is yours? Maybe you should have it checked.  I haven't had mine checked since last May, so maybe it's time for me to schedule another physical. 




This is my latest smoothie fave: 



One scoop of this banana protein powder (that my first boss sent me to try) with some leftover cold coffee and some light chocolate soy milk. This powder is 106 calories per scoop.


It's way yummy. I plan on buying some of that protein powder sometime soon. It blends up so smooth and there's no strange aftertaste. So happy she was generous enough to share with me so that I didn't have to risk buying a jar and hating it!! 

Tomorrow I'm trying the chocolate truffle flavor she sent me. It's a different brand called Syntrax Nectar Sweets (whey protein isolate). It's 100 calories per scoop.



So I hung a dry erase board in my kitchen. 


I really like having it there so far, I just have to get used to seeing it in there. It has been startling me.
It's got a grocery list written on it and then my workout calendar for May is up there too [more on that in tomorrow's WIW post].  And me and the hub's C25K chart is up there too. 

Handy handy. 

Got a new magazine subscription because BJ's cousin was selling some for a school fundraiser. I was so excited when this came, I love getting magazines in the mail. 


That's all for this random-fun-filled-late-night Tuesday post. Don't forget, tomorrow is Weigh in Wednesday!!! 

post signature

1 comment:

Lauryn Roth said...

i love the board!!!