Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WIW: old pictures


It's WIW again y'all!
Thanks to all of you who have been following along. 


Since I had BJ hide my scale last week, and since I'm away from home anyway (see this post), I obviously won't be posting my weight today. 

What this post WILL talk about though, is this picture: 




Probably 2007

I found it on Facebook. That's me in the blue, in case you don't know what I look like.
I guess I need to get my picture put on the homepage, huh. 

I thought I was fat then. That's the sad part. 

Around the same time:


June 7, 2008. Sister's wedding. 

I can't believe my arms and face used to be that thin. And, of course, I thought I was chunky here too.

Again, thank god I darkened my hair. 

Although it was sad seeing these photos, knowing I didn't appreciate the body I had then, it's actually a little exciting. And inspiring. 2007-2008 ish were the later years of college for me. I was 21 ish. I'm just 26 now, so it's not like I'm drooling over my high school figure. I'm drooling over something that is entirely possible!

Once I STAHP feeling sorry for myself, I need to get back to it, and start killin it again. 

Now to share a little recipe me and Beej tried the other night. 

I bought this grilling basket thing from walmart for around $3. It has a matching side that hooks onto the side shown in the photo below, it's really easy to operate. 




I sliced a zucchini, brushed it with olive oil and then sprinkled on some Cavendars (Greek seasoning sold at like every grocery store on the planet). I hooked on the other side of the basket and then BJ grilled them for a few minutes.

The basket kept the slices from falling into the flames and made it to where you can flip them all at once (the handle gets a little warm, so beware!) 

They were so yummy! And took only like 10 minutes to get from slicing to eating. 

That's it for WIW you guys. I better get my ass in gear and stop eating cheeseburgers before April 17th's weigh in gets here and I gain like ten pounds. 

4 comments:

Shesabigstar said...

I'm with ya girl, I haven't been on track much myself lately... ridiculous over here! Here's to getting back on track for both of us this week!

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

We got this!! We can do this!! I'm 40lbs heavier when I was in high school. Ugh. My goal is to be less what I was by the time of my HS reunion in 5 years. :)

Samantha Griffin said...

Lets stick with it Erin!! The time will pass anyway..so we might as well make the most of it.

Samantha Griffin said...

Thanks for reading Kaitlyn! Let's do this!!