Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIW aint pretty today yall

So if you follow me on Instagram or MFP you know I haven't been watching what I eat or logging it....judging from the photos of the scrumptious food on Instagram and the notifications on MFP that said I hadn't logged in for like a week.

YEP. That happened. A whole week of what I can only describe as glorious. Just what I needed! I've been struggling lately, as you guys know, and it was nice to go back to 'normal' Samantha for a few days. I ate. I drank. We did Texas de Brazil (I only got the salad bar--but if you've been there you know that doesn't necessarily mean I ate good...there was a BOWL OF CRISPY BACON for goodness sakes. PILED HIGH).

Texas de Brazil food:

That's a shot of my plate of food...and yeah
that's a hunk of goat cheese in the front.

And I ate that goat cheese with bacon....  

The price I paid for 10 days of heaven? A two pound gain. I weighed in at 158.2 today.  Don't cry for me guys, it's okay. haha!

It was worth it honestly. I'm surprised I only gained a couple of pounds. Between the alcohol and eating out, I figured at least 5 lbs would show up to give me the finger today.

Farewell Pepperidge Farms cookies...It's back to health mode now guys.

My goal for this week is to simply log what I eat.  I'm going to try and stay under my 1400 calorie goal, but the point is to just log it. To get back into that habit. I'm going to ease back into this like I did in the first place {in May 2012} and see where that takes me.

So the plan: Monday-Friday try and stay under 1400 and log everything, Saturday-Sunday watch what I eat but don't stress over it. That's how I started out. It was a great way for me to get on track but more importantly, to not be too critical of myself. I struggle with that. My husband is probably silently agreeing/nodding his head as he reads this.

I gotta say that last Friday when me and beej were still on vacay we went for a walk/jog at the pond here in town. There's even some inclines on this path! I burned around 250 calories ...so that counts for something right?!


Us at the pond after our walk! He is just too cute!!

Hopefully I have a better report for next week's Weigh In Wednesday. This is an ongoing thing, so if y'all wanna join up don't be shy! You don't have to post exactly what you weigh in your posts, I just choose to. Check out the link up at www.shesabigstar.com with Erin the host or www.skinnyjeanpilgrimage.blogspot.com with Alex the Co-host.

Thanks for reading guys!!

18 comments:

Sarah said...

Visiting your blog from the link-up! We all need those weeks where we let loose! I am a firm believer in not restricting yourself too much. If you do, you are not truly making a lifestyle change.

katie@thecarbmonster said...

my goal is to just keep logging too! it's too easy not to do lol. cute pic @ the pond :)

new follower via WIW link-up!

BrandiH said...

We all need those weeks, they keep us sane and from feeling like we are deprived. The point is you know it's time to get back to healthy! Good luck logging this week, it's one of my goals too!

MamaB
mamas-losing-it.com

Amy said...

Not a bad gain at all! Sometimes we just need to let go and not feel guilty for enjoying some good food and drinks. I probably do it more often than I should :)

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

Not that bad. You can do it. :)

bailey j said...

10 days of heaven would be 10 lbs on me so I'm actually pretty jealous you got to go buck wild and only gained a couple of lbs. curse you!! lol. i've only LOST 2 lbs and i've been on track for most of the last 2.5 months. WHY IS LIFE SO UNFAIR?! aha.

Lacey_Renea said...

You know what, sometimes you just need a break! I get that!

I def. think only a 2 lb. gain would be worth it :)Lacey @ CHARM + Sass

Alicia said...

Sometimes you just need a break. I just went through that point but now I'm having issues getting back on track. I need some willpower!

klh said...

definitely coming off the same loose approach- tightening the ropes this week too for me! Back to tracking - I will rock it & so will you!

Samantha Griffin said...

Thanks for stopping by! And I agree with that--if you don't let loose a little then soon you'll just quit trying for good. I'm ready to get back to it now that I've had a little break from it.

Samantha Griffin said...

Hey thanks for following! I'll be sure and check your blog out. :)

Samantha Griffin said...

I agree! I sorta sucked up the logging part--I did perfect until I got home from work and it was time for dinner. Here's to another week of trying! Thanks for reading :)

Samantha Griffin said...

It was nice. I really enjoyed it :) probably more than I should have. Time to get back to business! Thanks for reading Amy!

Samantha Griffin said...

Thanks Kaitlyn. And thanks for reading :)

Samantha Griffin said...

haha I have currently gained up to 3.5 ish. so don't be too jealous. If I don't buckle down soon things are going to get out of hand! Thanks for reading. And good job staying on track--I know that's hard to do when the bitch scale doesn't reflect it.

Samantha Griffin said...

You're right :) haha thanks for reading Lacey!

Samantha Griffin said...

I'm having the same problem Alicia. Time to get back to business. Let's do it!!

Samantha Griffin said...

I didnt do so fantastic, but it's a new week so hopefully I can keep it together this go around! Thanks for reading :)