Monday, February 18, 2013

Pasta, Wontons and BIG PLANS

On Friday I was finally tired of not prepping any food for my lunches so I spent my night in the kitchen getting some pasta salad made!! Not everything in the below picture was used though--when I do something like this I get everything that MIGHT work with what I'm making and get it out so I can see what my options are.


I gathered my ingredients and got out 6 to go containers (because the pasta box made 6 servings) and I got the pasta cooking.  Then I measured everything equally to put in to each container so I would know they're all equal in ingredients (and calories).


Each one is 422 calories. That is slightly higher than what I was aiming for, but if I eat this for lunch and workout in the evening then it's no big deal.

I ended up using: the pasta (of course), green olives, kalamata olives, raw broccoli, roasted red peppers, pepperoni, shredded mozzarella, pepperoncini peppers, and Italian dressing. It is SO GOOD.


I did NOT use any tomatoes, because I didn't feel like slicing them. And I didn't use any garlic because I didn't want to put it in there raw and wasn't about to roast any. Yep. Lazy.



These wontons were meant to be made last week for Valentines...but by the time BJ got home at 11 p.m. on Valentines I wasn't awake enough to make them. Whoops. I barely remember opening up my (beautiful) card. So I sure wasn't in any shape to operate an oven.

They were awesome--the strawberry/Nutella ones were the best! I laid out a few of the wonton shells (walmart produce section) and put a dab of Nutella and a little chunk of strawberry (or a banana slice). I got a little ramekin of water out and wet the edge of the wonton with my finger and sealed them shut.  The package shows you how to fold them all cute. BJ sort of just wadded his up. One looked like an envelope. Whatever. They tasted the same :)

I baked them for 5-8 ish minutes at 425* (just watch them, when the edges are brown they're done). Then we had them while we watched our Sunday night food network shows and drank the wine I got to go with them!!! Cupcake Red Velvet is one of my favorites...try it if you're looking for something new! It's only like $8. Y'all should know I ain't buying an expensive bottle of wine. Even for Vday. bahaha


Onto the BIG PLANS part.
I've made the big decision to give up my gym membership. BJ will have to quit his job while in PA school (they don't allow you to work) and so it seems logical to give it up at this point. It's a little scary. But. It'll be okay. You don't need a gym to lose weight.
So here's my plan: I'm going to do the 30DS (almost) daily like I did in the beginning, for the next 30ish days.  {lately I've just been doing it 2-3 times a week mixed in with some running}

I have it planned out to take a day off in between levels and like three days off the first week in March when me and Beej are on vacay celebrating our wedding anniversary at a B&B.

I will start to run again after this 30DS adventure is over (daylight savings time will have happened and it'll be light outside after I'm off work, so that works out just great!) I'm hoping I don't regret this break from running, because I know all too well that you lose it if you don't use it! But my MAIN goal is to lose the last 20 lbs, not to become a great runner (not yet at least). So I'm going to tackle the weight situation first and I know 30DS will help me do that. 

I probably won't be able to stick to my planned schedule perfectly, which is acceptable as long as I'm trying. Life gets in the way sometimes! But now that I have it written down and the next month is planned out for me, I'll have more of a chance of making a change than I would if I was just 'hoping' to do better instead of planning to do better.


Let's see, I've shared two recipes and unloaded on you about quitting the gym and starting 30DS as a full time workout plan....now all that's left is the latest cute picture of Jeffery:



in the car, holding a new toy
You're welcome.

Laters y'all!!



2 comments:

Lauryn Roth said...

ohhh wontons!!!! cuteness~!!!!! i will have to try!!! jeffrey is so cute !! and you are right you certianly dont have to have the gym in fact iam kinda regretting signing up with this other gym where we moved too BUT i do love me some treadmill/elliptical so i will keep it for now but i LOVE the workout videos i am finding and i love that i can come straight home and do it. That pasta salad looked great!!

Susan Bergman said...

The wontons sound great! And I think you will be totally fine without the gym. Won't it be nice when the weather permits running more regularly outside?