Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday

It's Weigh in Wednesday ladies!! (and gents...I know I have at least one male reader--my hubs)

Thanks to Erin at She's a Big Star and Alex at Skinny Jean Pilgrimage for hosting! Y'all hop on over and check those gals out after you take a gander at some recipes I tried this week.


I weighed in at 156.0 this morning!!! I need to remember to always take a picture now. I'm still new at the picture-of-the-scale thing. It's an awkward thing for me to do, I always feel like I'm doing it wrong. Or I can't get the camera up in time to get a picture of it before it starts to scroll through which person I want to save that weight under. I'm getting better at it.

When I weighed in at 155.8 on NYE it was my 30 pound mark

I know my MFP badge says 29.  I'm aware of that. It's because I didn't pay attention to decimals when I started trying to lose weight. I say I started at 185, but I didn't even bother to record the decimal. No clue what it was! Could've been 185.2 or 185.8. Who knows. So when I hit 155  I count it as a 30 lb loss

So in other words, today's weigh in kind of surprised me, but I'll take it. Yay!

Onto what must be my favorite subject: food!


Here's some photos of some new recipes I've tried recently: 

spaghetti squash from Tuesday's post 



Tuna salad recipe I found on pinterest! 
I used a pack of tuna packed in water, added some Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, and a little light mayonnaise made with olive oil (it called for plain Greek yogurt but I didn't have any). It was really good! More spicy than mayo-ish.  I had it on low calorie wheat bread with lettuce and then some hummus and crackers. 




This is a crappy picture that I forgot to take before I started chowing down. My apologies. It's red potatoes (fresh, cubed) and green beans (from a can) that were baked with some chicken tenderloins.  I put Cajun seasoning on the chicken. The chicken was done before the potatoes, so I took it out of the dish and continued baking the beans/potatoes until they were done. It was way yummy. Me and the hubs both cleared our plates. I dipped it in some Dijon mustard--I love how spicy it is. 

Even though my weigh in this morning was good, I still feel like this week has been a bust. Over the weekend I did not give a damn about what I ate. I didn't work out--but that's normal, I usually take the weekend off.

Then cue Monday, I didn't really eat BAD, but it wasn't fantastic. No workout.
Cue Tuesday, calorie count was fine but still no workout.

The point is not that I ate okay and didn't workout. The point is that I didn't care. Don't care. Present tense. I'm hoping it's TOM. Just a lull. Because I've been that way with the laundry and things around the house I normally love doing (yes I like to clean..or rather, I enjoy having a clean pretty home). I have just wanted to sit/lay. I was running some fever last night, so maybe I'm getting sick? I was at a normal temperature this morning though, so I don't know what's going on! Could be the weather. It's been stupid-cold in Arkansas and we had some sleet yesterday.

 Maybe next week will be better, after I'm done with my little work trip.



9 comments:

Shesabigstar said...

You're losing girl, that's what counts! Those food pics are great... I need to start trying new things so the pics definitely help give me ideas!

Lauryn Roth said...

Tuna salad sounds SO good!!!! I need to incorporate that back into my lunches!! Yay for a great weigh in!! I totally get that way around my period...I get really lethargic, pick up the pace and get all excited back ecxercising and then like 2-3 days later get my Aunt flo haha and BACK to lethargic for a good week LOL!! Its a vicious cycle ha!

Amy said...

Good job with the loss! I am hoping my problem was TOM too, but I am pretty sure it was the cheese cake lol :)

Halie Renee said...

Hey girl! Found your blog via the WIW link up. You have a great story so far, and you've done awesome at losing weight! I still have quite a ways to go, but I'm finally motivated again, so that's helpful! Looking forward to reading more of your journey :)

Samantha Griffin said...

thanks for reading erin!! :)

Samantha Griffin said...

I know, I quit eating tuna for awhile--dunno why?! I love it. And yeah this routine of KILLING IT and then not caring at all is really getting to me. Sick of it!!

Samantha Griffin said...

I can't resist cheesecake. UGH. Especially if it's turtle or raspberry. :) Thanks for reading Amy!

Samantha Griffin said...

Well thanks for reading Halie! And thank you!! I have a ways to go to, until I get to "healthy" weight for my height. Do you have a blog?! I'd love to read!!

Amy Powell said...

ooooh, love that quote at the end. what a great reminder! good luck this week :)

xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

{PS - I'm giving away a fitness notebook & would love for you to win!}