Sunday, January 13, 2013

About Me/Sunday Funday

Eventful night at the Griffin home.

It's Sunday (funday) night. I just perfected my at-home manicure. I've got my "weekend pants" on (black leggings) and the only thing making this night suck a little is knowing me and the hubs have dentist appointments tomorrow morning.  BOO. 
L'Oreal Walk on the Beach and Sally Hansen Big Money 
BJ just completed everything he needs to do to apply to UAMS for PA school. And now he is working on making my blog "more searchable." He's seriously a super hero.
I'm sitting next to him trying to figure out what kind of blog post I should write next. 
I just finished watching the Golden Globes red carpet shiz on E! because I LOVE looking at all the pretty dresses!! And now I'm waiting on my favorite Food Network shows to come on. 
We got a pepperoni pizza from our favorite place and some bud light tonight. Can we say cheat day? More like cheat weekend.  I don't even feel bad about it. I'll get into that in another post.
Sunday night's are my favorite nights. That's probably because I have Mondays off. 
So while I sit here in my cozy house with my genius of a hubs tweaking my blog, I figured I would fill out this "about me" survey. You know you were curious, don't lie. 

Name: Samantha
Nickname: Sam, Manth, Sammy-nick, samsmith
Middle name: Nicole (after I got married I let Smith take its place) 
Age: 26. (already?!  'Late' twenties it is I guess)
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius 
Current location: Arkansas
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Blonde ish. 
Heritage: White?
Shoes you wore today: Tan Uggs, calf height. I'm too short for tall ones. 
Your weakness: Reese's
Your Fear: Waiting too long to have babies.
Goal you want to achieve this year: Get to goal weight! And stay there! 
First thought when you wake up:  It's already (blank) o'clock? Shit. 
When’s your bedtime:  After BJ gets home from work.  11 pm ish I guess. 
Your most cherished memory:  Camping with Bill and Virginia. 
Pepsi or Coke:  Uhm COKE
McDonalds or Burger King: Really neither, they kind of gross me out these days...
Last song you sang:  Trouble, Taylor Swift 
How many CD’s do you own: I don't know..who has a real cd collection anymore anyway? 
How many DVD’s do you own: I don't know, and I'm not going to get up and count...most of them are BJ's anyway...I didn't own many before we got married--except Disney movies (holla! like Alice in Wonderland and Nemo)  Atonement and Taladega Nights. Less than 20 are mine.
How many tattoos do you have: Three..that no one can see
How many piercings do you have: Just my ears! One in each ear. 
What’s your biggest pet peeve: The sound of someone clipping their nails, being asked the same question more than once, people who argue with me about art history/museum procedure. Yep. 
Do you play an instrument: Not anymore...I used to play piano and trumpet. I was in the school band!
Do you have any talents: I do makeup really well--from having a job at Merle Norman for years. I'd like to think I can write (since I wrote an 80 page master's thesis that was successfully defended and a committee of professors approved it and you're reading a blog I write) Oh and I can cook like a boss. 
Do you drink:  Yes
Do you smoke:  No
Do you go or want to go to college:  HA. I don't think I want to go anymore. I got my BA and went straight into my MA, so I've had 6 years of "college"...I think I'm done for now. Possibly a PhD after babies. We'll see
What career do you want to pursue: Museum education/collection management or curatorial, possibly teaching.  
What country would you like to visit: SO MANY. The next on my list is France (Paris) or England (London).
Are you or do you ever want to get married:  I am married...and it's the best decision I've ever made other than to adopt my puppy. 
Do you have or would you ever want to have children:  Yes :) when my husband is finished with school and we're positive we've had enough time with "just us." Hopefully in 3 or 4 years! 
FAVORITES
Shoes: Uggs. I don't care if you think they're ugly--you won't understand until you've worn some. SO SNUGGLY. 
T-Shirt:  My favorite t-shirt? light blue Big Cedar shirt I got on our honeymoon.  It's got paint on it from when we painted the office. Good memories tied up in that shirt. 
Radio Station: Alice 107.7. Heather & DC / Pool boy 
Drink: COFFEE.
Car: I'd love to have an Acura TL. Or a Jetta. Someday when we want (can afford) a car payment I might have one! Both of our cars are paid off.
Band: Taylor Swift. ...that's a band right? jk jk Augustana. 
Song:  This one is hard.  Right now my favorite song is called All Too Well by Taylor Swift. But it changes all the time. My favorite workout songs are usually anything by Nicki Minaj. I guess my favorite all time song would be Boston or Sweet Low by Augustana. 
Movie: LOTRs, Harry Potters
Color: Teal/turquoise/light blue. Sometimes Red. Maybe hot pink. That changes too--I've never had a favorite color for too long. 


Moving on from the survey.
I plan on making this spaghetti squash stuff tomorrow to bring for my lunches this week. Hopefully it turns out yummy and reheats pretty good. 
Thank you, Pinterest.

That's all for tonight guys.  I hope y'alls weekend was amaze balls and you didn't get too out of line. 








1 comment:

Lauryn Roth said...

Hahahah girl I love seeing how much alike we are thanks to this survey LOL. Ok first off, I totally ate like a fat pig this weekend, whatever I am back at it (like a boss). Your cooking like a boss reminded me that I love saying "like a boss" blame my brother. Anyways. I, too, love reeses. Pb & choco is a party in mah moutha! I too, am 26 and worried about the dang baby thing too. UGH. And to top it all off, me loves Teal/tourquoise & some hot pink. Hollaaaa atcha girl! haha I may steal this survey.