Wednesday, December 12, 2012

yummy food and workout music

Last night's emeals recipe was Greek pizza and cucumber salad. I can't decide which was better, but since the salad was lower in calories and required less ingredients (=less $$) I'll go with the salad.

For the pizza I used a whole wheat pillsbury refrigerated crust and topped it with: roasted garlic, feta, mozzarella, kalamatas, Roma tomatoes, artichoke hearts, dill and red onion. SO YUMMY. But not exactly low-calorie...so I had to budget my calories during the day to be able to eat it and not feel guilty. [1/6 of the pizza was around 312 calories..and lets face it...who wants one piece of pizza?]

The salad had chopped cucumber, feta, and Greek dressing. I put a couple olives in there (only because I love them) and ground some pepper on top. It was so good. I was really surprised since it was so simple/inexpensive. [this salad was around 140 calories..awesome!]


I had BJ update my music on my shuffle since he's off work this week. It's always nerve wracking for me to send him a music list, because we grew up listening to different kinds of music. He's a classic rock kind of guy, and I grew up watching Britney Spears and N*Sync... Holla!

So I emailed him a song list....





Some of these songs I heard at Bootcamp yesterday and was reminded of them. Like the Fergie songs. I remember those from college. Emily, my roomate, went through a London Bridge phase. They're good workout songs!!
He's never made fun of me really. I guess I just always expect him to be like, "Really? Another Nicki Minaj song? Ke$ha, Samantha?" But not a word from him. Music without judgement, that's all I ask for... and that's what I get! So far. I bet if I had any N*sync on a list I'd get a comment or a laugh. I still have all of their cd's though. So I don't need to buy any of their music.

I'm looking for more playlist ideas if you've got any you can't live without...let me know.

Thanks for reading homies!!


P.S. I drank 80 ounces of water yesterday y'all! Gonna try again today.

2 comments:

Lauryn Roth said...

GIRL that pizza AND salad looks sooo amazin!!! I am totally going to have to re-create, my hubs would LOVE. ANd I love olives too, I totally feel you there...oh a good workout song is metro station-shake it and call me crazy but I love eye of the tiger (who doesnt love a little rocky inspiration every now and then?)

Susan Today! said...

The food does look delicious! I am partial to Footloose and I'm So Excited by the Pointer Sisters for fun upbeat music :)