Wednesday, November 21, 2012

thanksgiving/birthday plans

Today I’m just going to be a blog-post-hoe.  I finally got my Liebster award post up, which took so long to do because I don’t really ever sit down at a computer to post to this blog. I actually hardly ever sit down at a computer period (except my desk at work). Ever since I finished my thesis it’s like I try and avoid the thing. I do it all from my iPhone with the Blogger app (which recently updated and doesn’t suck as bad as it used to), and that’s the only reason ya’ll ever hear from me.

[The following three paragraphs are a rant. Beware.]
I hope I can convey to you the weird mood I’ve been in.  I don’t know if it’s because of the time change and it seems so effing late when I get home from work—which really wears on me, or if it’s because my birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year and I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS. It shouldn’t be a big deal, I know that, but it is. I hate it and it is annoying to share your birthday with a national holiday.
What’s more, is that since my husband works at a hospital he works on thanksgiving/my birthday. He also works on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, and I’m sincerely depressed about it.  I’ve been having a pity party for myself about all of this, and I’m sick of myself at this point. I’m supposed to be an adult and understand that not everything works out like you want it to.
He’s working so hard. Full load of college courses on top of his full-time job.  One of those classes being organic chemistry. I’m impressed with him and so proud of him and grateful that he’s working himself to death to benefit us in the future. BUT OH MA GAH the lack of time together is wearing me down. We’re both tired of it. Needless to say we’re both counting down to Christmas break.

I had to edit a lot of that ^ because at first it was WAY TOO DRAMATIC. You’re welcome.

Now onto birthday plans!
Since Beej doesn’t work until the afternoon, I get to spend the morning with him. I think I get to open a present too! Wahoo! After he leaves for work I’ll load up my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner and the pup and then head to my momma’s house for dinner.  I plan on leaving there and bringing BJ a real Thanksgiving dinner at his work that night, because otherwise he’ll have hospital Thanksgiving food and that’s it (and that’s just wrong), because his family decided at the last minute to do finger foods. Then that night, I may go buy us a new flat screen for our bedroom. I’ve never done the whole Black Friday thing though, so I’m a little nervous.
Friday we’re going to put up our Christmas tree, and then that night we go to his grandma’s for a finger-food-tastic Thanksgiving…
Saturday night BJ is bringing me to Capeo! I’m soo excited. I’ve wanted to go there for years. Seriously, years. And then Sunday we’re going to my parent’s house to have my annual birthday meal …since I didn’t get to have it on my birthday due to it being a national holiday where you eat something specific.  My usual birthday meal: BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli and cheese and crescent rolls.  HOLLA!
SO as soon as my husband gets off work on Thanksgiving night we’ll have Friday-Sunday together.
And I can’t convey to you how very happy that makes me.

Other updates:
I signed up for a 5-6 am Bootcamp at my gym in December. I'm crazy.


Got my hair done Monday, Before (left) After (right). She curled it. I love my hair girl.

This is a picture of me and BJ at my friend's wedding in October.  My bra is showing. Did you notice? Ugh.


I made this skinny-fied buffalo chicken pizza last week.  It was amazing!!

1 comment:

Lauryn Roth said...

awe girl i know what you mean, my hubs is gone a lot too, and he works out of town so days or weeks go by sometime without me seeing him :( sadness. Anyways love your hair and that pizza looks great!