Friday, September 28, 2012

Heaven on ma heels!

So you may have seen if you follow me on Instagram (@samsmithgriffin) that I got some new shoe insoles for my running shoes.

Until I can afford to go get fitted for a nice pair, I've been wearing some asics brand shoes that I've had about a year. That's what made me look into insoles, having used them for a year. I got some dr scholls active series insoles for women (duh). They were $20 at walmart and I had a $5 off coupon (thanks grandma).

....Holy hell, why didn't I do this sooner? First off, after taking the insoles out that came with my shoes I wondered how in the hell I had been running on those. They were flimsy and stupid and I'm mad I didn't investigate sooner. I don't think I'll keep the standard insoles in any shoes from now on. It was like I had been running on worn out cardboard.

The smaller women's version fit perfectly in my shoes so there wasn't any cutting to do. I was surprised, my shoes are 7 1/2 and the insoles are supposed to fit into at least an 8.

I ran on them for the first time this week, and not only could I run faster but I also ran longer! My feet were evidently taking a beating before and I didn't realize it.

If you haven't checked out your insoles, do it. It's definitely worth it.Your knees, shins and ass will be grateful that you did.

No comments: