Saturday, September 15, 2012

14 days of crap

The past two weeks have been shitty. Just plain shitty. Fortunately, it's only been shitty in the parts of life that are containable, so it hasn't leaked into the most important parts. My home life and how I feel about myself are in the best shape they've ever been in, and I plan on working my ass off to keep it that way.

However, when it comes to actually working my ass off (exercising) or my job (gasp!) sometimes I just wish I could curl up under my desk with a bottle of vodka in a hoodie and take a drunken nap. Whatever, don't judge me. I know I'm not the only one.

I won't go into extreme detail, but here goes: (BEGINNING OF RANT)


As for the job part, it's just been a lot of stress and anxiety packed into a short period of time. Unusual for my job, thank goodness. Nothing dramatic, I still have fun and I like my job. But when people make things harder on you because you're dependable, it makes you want to commit murder. I'm learning that adults suck and are just as irresponsible as a 17 year old, responsibility knows no age.

As for the working out part, I AM KILLING IT. Literally. (Not counting the work I've done since I started in May...) There hasn't been a day in September where I haven't busted my ass. I can see I'm slowly getting back to the shape I was in when I was 19 or 20. (Okay, maybe 23... pre-grad school shape) Strength-wise at least, I could probably kick your ass. Holla! The shitty part: Is the scale reflecting that? Well no. That'd be a perfect world! I'm working my ass off but the lying whore of a scale has decided to not make the past two weeks seem progressive at all. Gotta keep on trucking, eff the scale!

Other stuff that has added to this shitty 2 weeks includes any number of things, from burning my thumb and pointer finger with a hot glue gun (more like a volcanic glue gun) to having next to no energy for anything except showering and sleeping because I've been too busy focusing on other people. (Which, let me clarify here before you go assuming-- doesn't include my husband (or dog)  I would take care of my husband before I take care of myself, all day every day, without thinking twice. It's the secondary people who won't leave me the hell alone that I'm sick of) Also? The dog (howling S.O.B basset hound) next door is about to get a visit from animal control if the neighbors don't do something. (END OF RANT)

Yes I'm healthy (seriously, I have the blood work to prove it), I have a good job, a great husband (who sent me flowers last week--see the picture!!) and a safe place to live. And I'm grateful for all of that. Very grateful. Sometimes a couple bad weeks just try to bring you down!










Here's to tomorrow bringing on a new week, and may the odds be ever in my favor.


This just made me laugh:

No comments: